The following time you send an email to your family, plan an excursion on the web, or send a photograph of your infant to your folks, you might need to offer your appreciation to innovation. Innovation, and its utilization, is an indispensable piece of our regular day to day existences. It is so unavoidable, we would be unable to live in a world without it.
At the point when Sandra Johnson was youthful, she thought an architect was an individual who drove a train. A couple of years after the fact, she turned into the principal individual of color in the U.S. to procure a Ph.D. in electrical designing. Presently a Chief Technology Officer and Senior Technical Staff Member for IBM's Systems and Technology Group, Dr. Johnson trusts it is basic for dark families to consolidate innovation into their day by day lives. "There are quite a few reasons blacks can't survive without innovation," Dr. Johnson says. Here are her main five:
1) Technology Levels the Playing Field: From little and medium-size organizations to visual, abstract and recording specialists, to data spread innovation carries the world to our fingertips. This offers an exceptional benefit to individuals from the African American population who have customarily experienced impediments to achievement in these and different zones. Innovation evens the odds, so that dark voices can be heard, dark contributions can be promoted and innovativeness and development can prosper.
2) Economic Empowerment: Technology empowers blacks to do some unimaginable things at the snap of a mouse. They can look for pretty much anything, cover bills, plan get-aways, buy diversion, celebrate at diminished expense and utilize online administrations to track down the best financial administrations.
3) Strengthens Family Ties: For some who are done living in actual closeness to their nearest family members, innovation empowers them to impart consistently in a financially savvy way. They can trade photos, share recordings, send e-cards, instant message and call starting with one spot then onto the next for a portion of what the expense was only a couple years prior.
4) Careers in Technology Are Awesome: A profession in an innovation related field can be incredibly fulfilling. It can likewise improve your personal satisfaction. Innovation abilities are extraordinary and hard to come by, the work is energizing and satisfying and the monetary prizes are moderately high.
5) Great Futures for Your Children: Through innovation, the world is in a real sense at your kids' doorstep. Innovation improves the schooling of dark kids. Simply envision what could occur if dark kids invested energy planning or improving games for the Xbox 360 and PS2, or utilized their inventiveness to make recordings, movies, music and artistic works. The prospects and openings related with innovation are interminable.
As per Dr. Johnson, there are various projects accessible, including Black Family Technology Awareness Week, that give innovation access and preparing. "In the event that America is to keep up its upper hand," she says, "we should urge our kids to join the up and coming age of pioneers, researchers and engineers, and our grown-ups to assemble and improve their innovation abilities."